Saturday 8 January 2011

New Year, New Phantom?

I've read quite a few blogs and comments about the pointlessness of making New Years Resolutions.  I'd have to say I tend to agree with this.  However, while I agree that using the hands of a clock moving onto midnight as an arbitrary reason for beginning something is strange, I do think the idea of trying to change things in your life from the start of a new year is an interesting one.

Over the last few years, I have seen January melt into February melt into March all the way through to December, with all my great intentions, schemes and wild plans faltering in the wake.  It's all too easy to start off with good intentions and to then procrastinate and end up doing nothing again.

This year I am planning to change that.  I have already started by making a VERY big personal decision, that will have a rather massive impact on my musical endeavours just as it will on the rest of my life.  So with this in mind I am making a commitment right now, that I will have some material posted online, free (of course) within the next couple of weeks.  From then forward, I plan to post many MANY songs, instrumentals and various other things at least once a month all year.  Some gigs may figure in these plans too, once I work out just how to perform the weird stuff that goes round my head in a live setting.

I know what you're thinking:  Why should I care?  Well, you probably don't.  And it may all prove to be another bout of January bluster that peters out before March again.  We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment